Nagarkot Hiking: hike with passion

Nagarkot Hiking

Yesterday, July 25, Saturday (holiday). For me a wonderful day. I made a hike to Nagarkot, the picturesque hill, with the Himalayan shadow. I made a plan and also shared it with friends, some of them became ready but absent on a walking day. I had already planned it, so I moved to Sankhu, to start the Nagarkot hike. It takes about 1.5 hours on a local bus to reach there. 


Buses ready to leave Sankhu

At the starting point of Nagarkot Hiking.

Feeling Religious

A stream at the beginning

One of the features of the hike is the views that you can see. Mostly, there are terraced rice fields. You have to be lucky to see these green fields all the time, but the green views of the forests can be seen always. Many houses are there but scattered. The trail is easy, which is also a graveled (sometimes pitched road too). It is peaceful, and sometimes a motorbike comes from your backside or front.

Greenfield and a house

Muahhh
The day was just awesome, with no sunlight, no clouds, and no foggy. I had rainproof pants but not a jacket. I was fearing if I should walk in the rain. But nothing there to worry about. The road is flat. You just have to walk comfortably. The traditional people and houses are there. I could see that there are still some houses uncleaned after the earthquake destruction. Also, new houses made from tin are there, most of them. 
Stuff removed from a destroyed house

A destroyed house and beautiful landscape

Hellow rabbit...beautiful

New houses made from tin


While walking I saw no other people walking. So sometimes I was a bit confused if I was on the right track. I saw a girl walking with a nice smile. She is really energetic. 
A local tractor to carry things

My companion for a short time

She is that girl who is energetic
Now, I had to walk through the same way but without habitations. I saw the cattle were grazing. Then the forest area began. Oh..no, there was rain. I could not think of what to do. Then I stood under a tree. Wow...no long time rain. After a gradual 2.5 hour walk, I reached Kattike. A place to rest and drink something. 
Old woman resting

Cattle grazing
From Kattike, it is up gradual up but with breathtaking scenery. The views of the city area down there...wow. I met two hikers. One helped me to take photos.
With another hiker

Just stunning

  
A frog on the road
I reached Nagarkot after four hours walk. If you walk at a bit fast pace, then it will be a little faster. I stayed at Hotel Galaxy in Nagarkot. Good price. After lunch, I went on walking. I met another friend who was also staying at the same hotel with a guest. We walked around and talked really a lot, sometimes of movies, drama, politics, government and bla bla.
New earthquake-proof houses

Nice view  
Our main waiting was this morning to view the sunrise. It was raining yesterday so the views are really nice. I got up in the early morning and got some glistening moments. The sun was over the high Himalayas that can be seen from Nagarkot.
Sunrise

Sunrise

Sunrise

Wowwwwwww 
Concluding my spectacular trip to Nagarkot, I drove to Kathmandu, where I stay. I had to reach the office on time. Goodbye Nagarkot. See you next time.

Bhanu Bhakta Khatiwada

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refund (Play) by Fritz Karinthy - Characters, Summary, Analysis- Grade 11

What I Require From Life? by J.B.S. Haldane (Summary, Main Points, Analysis, Question-Answers)- Grade 11

Grade 12 English Unit 17: War and Peace (with Grammar Solutions)- Language Development