Rooms for rent in Kathmandu

When we thought its time to shift, we set off our mission to search rooms for rent in Kathmandu. We live close to Thamel. Here are the experiences we got from different places. You know, it’s really tough to find a room near the place we live (Nayabazaar of Kathmandu) and what we are experiencing, I have listed below.


Case 01: Ok. We have a room to rent. But Sunday, a lady had already talked and I have to wait till tomorrow evening. We were there in the evening too. Can we see it, I asked. He showed us the room. It had inside toilet. The room was bigger too. This will be okey for us, I said. Then I will call you tomorrow around 4 pm. He said okey. Then the following day, I called him again, he said, the ladies and her friend will come. They are doing shopping. After about 4 days, there was no curtain on the window. Somebody informed me. I called to the owner and asked if he could give me. Later he said that they are not coming, but his dad has asked for a boy, who studies in Kathmandu. But it is not sure. I said, ok then. I will call you after 3 days. After 3 days, he said, he will come. The first place is gone.


Case 02: I had talked with my eldest brother from my uncle. He had asked in some places. One evening, he called me and said we can go to see the room tomorrow. Next day, we went to see, but the same morning, somebody had already confirmed. Our second try went on vain.


Case 03: One of our sisters who were helping us in case 01 asked to come to see a room. We went rushing and she showed. The room was okey, but was dark and very cold. At least we could compromise on that. She said, every Monday (or Tuesday), the lady of the house should go to worship at the well. She has to walk through the same room. There will not be privacy, because if we will be out, we had to give key to her.


Case 04: we were drinking tea at a coffee shop and I asked to the owner if he knows there is a room for rent. Do you know what he replied: “I can find a girl of which category (in terms of age and education) you are looking for but not a room”.


Case 05: Again that sister phoned and asked to come to see the room. We went rushing. One lady led us to the place. It was through the gully. I had seen that type of scene either in a thriller movie or at the scene where the scene of underworld should be taken. When we reached to the house, the lady went to the upper floor of the house and asked the owner if the room has not booked. The man said no. He asked her to wait down as they were having dinner. We waited him for about half an hour and later he came. He did not look at us and went outside. Later he came and went on to the upper floor. The lady said we were there to see the room. He simply said: “we don’t have free room”. Lady said, you told there is. The man said he was having dinner at that time. It was completely chaotic. What does he mean to say?


Case 07: We had also asked to the man who serves water door to door. He could be the right person to know about this type of matter. He said there is a house having two rooms. It was perfect for us. I called him and he said to come faster to see the room and if I like it, he will help to meet with the owner. I saw the room, was nice and perfect. Then we went to the owner. She said without seeing: no room for only ladies- I passed. No room for those having cycle or motor-cycle- I passed. No room for those having night duty- I passed. Later she came and said, the rent is expensive. Before telling the price, she said it’s expensive. The rent she told me was almost double than it should be. She added: there will be lack of water supply. You have to buy on your own and extra charge for the garbage. I said, we will talk about it and come later.


Case 08: I knew a man who has a stationary shop nearby me. I went to him and asked about that. He said, it is the tough task to do. I said it’s for my sister-in-law. He said, if its emergency, then you move. Otherwise, leave this task. One of my village brothers searched room for 6 months and finally went to another place.


Case 09: A man from the shop we normally buy clothes, said somebody moved out yesterday from the room above the mart. Why don’t you go and ask if they could offer you. We went to the man and asked. The room was not left by one boy, but his sister left the room yesterday. He needs a single room now. But he does not want to go away from here. I have been managing a toilet on my next house that has a single room. When it is okey, the boy will shift in that room and you will get those two rooms. He took our number and said he will call when things get fixed. Sometimes, we visit there and ask if now ok, but till now not. Now, we are so much hopeful of those rooms and the thing is that we don’t know how big are the rooms, how much do they cost and when we get that. Let’s see. What goes on. But we are hopeful.



(#The_people_who_are_roaming_for_the_rental_rooms_today_can_be_a_house_owner_in_the_future)

#Oh, hello. We shifted in a nice house. Its been one and half month. (2-26-2017)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refund (Play) by Fritz Karinthy - Characters, Summary, Analysis- Grade 11

What I Require From Life? by J.B.S. Haldane (Summary, Main Points, Analysis, Question-Answers)- Grade 11

Grade 12 English Unit 17: War and Peace (with Grammar Solutions)- Language Development