My First Blood Donation Experience

When I was a student of Masters Degree in Kathmandu Model College, there was a blood donation campaign. Many of my friends and juniors donated blood, but I feared. I was just feeling nervous and mentally I had not thought, ok, I will donate blood. On the other hand, my weight was not much enough to donate the blood.

This Sunday, I was in the Teaching Hospital and saw Dhading Health Society had organized a blood donation campaign. This society belongs to my homeland. I just had a quick idea: ok, lets do it. Later I found that all the people of that organization, I knew. I was there for the first time, going to donate the blood, which was quite unique feeling. I was a bit more frightened about what will be the situation after donating the blood. I was waiting my turn and there was a lady who had just donated the blood. She fainted. Really. Then, you can guess what was going in my mind. I know, blood donation is a common act that people are doing, but if you are going to do it for the first time, you will not feel it comfortable.


Blood donation is life donation



     I was little bit scary

I did my pressure checked up. I went to the place where it took place. I felt like a pinch when the nurse inserted a needle. Then everything was ok. I just made confident myself if I was not feeling dizzy and anything. Yes, everything went well. Later, they offered something to eat after the session ended. Later I called to my mum and let her know about my social deed, but she was not happy, just because she did not want to hear that about ½ liter of blood went from my body. However, I felt myself re-energized and I am so happy that I could do it.



No more fear after all

(I am sharing this experience as a first time blood donator because many people fear that they will have some health problems if they donate the blood)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refund (Play) by Fritz Karinthy - Characters, Summary, Analysis- Grade 11

What I Require From Life? by J.B.S. Haldane (Summary, Main Points, Analysis, Question-Answers)- Grade 11

Grade 12 English Unit 17: War and Peace (with Grammar Solutions)- Language Development