How Easy the Situation and Opportunities for Children Nowadays in Nepal and Their Wide Range of Ideas


Yesterday, I and my wife visited her Uncle’s house at Boudha. My wife was so excited to visit there as we could not visit anywhere for a month. It was Saturday and also Uncle would be at home. Aunt called us in the morning for our visit and we were already planning for that. As we reached there, Uncle, Aunt, and Granny all warmly welcomed us. They really liked our visit there and two kids (11 and 8 years) were so happy.  For me, it was also a different experience to visit her relations after the marriage.

I said there were two kids of Uncle and Aunt. Aarambha (11) and Aakriti (8). Aarambha is a die heart fan of cricket who likes to play cricket, see cricket matches and talk about cricket. He has all the things that one needs to play cricket. I can imagine he keeps the things on his pillow while sleeping. Even Aakriti likes to talk about cricket but she plays some other games on a tablet or cell phone. I saw her playing cards in it.




 




Up to the time, we stayed there, we could see them talking this and that. Uncle and Aunt were both supporting their discussion. Sometimes granny too. She takes care of them when Uncle and Aunt both go to work.  Suddenly I thought of my childhood days. It is not so far that I spent my childhood. So many things are in my memories.

One of the things was that I was a crazy football supporter. I used to play a lot of football with my friends. You know, we had to help our parents and only a few times (normally in the rest time) we used to gallop for the sports. My parents are from agricultural background…so you know they remain most of the time in the field. Mom did not like that we go here and there for the football match. There were a lot of tiny sharp shaped stones. So many times I was badly hurt with bleeding wounds. What to do, I could not show the wounds to mom as she did not like my rushing to the football. It was the same situation as my elder and younger brother.

Seeing the children and their open discussion to their parents about education and sports, I was glad to see. Uncle and aunt both add their ideas regarding the discussion ideas. Uncle tells him who is the best player on the national team, what is the current status of the cricket and football team and so many other issues. Aakriti also gets a lot of support for her study and the things she is interested in. They also use tablets anytime they like and have free time. Their thinking has been broadened with the use of technologies. I could imagine that children in the recent days are getting more facilities and opportunities. They are the representative characters. Guardians are serious about their children’s interests, hobbies, and studies.  


Despite the supports of parents, developing trend of using social media and technological productions, parents should think about how to keep their children good in communication and enhance them in learning and keep busy in productive acts. However, understanding the feelings of children has become a significant thing for the guardians. No more heavy struggle to make their dreams come true.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refund (Play) by Fritz Karinthy - Characters, Summary, Analysis- Grade 11

What I Require From Life? by J.B.S. Haldane (Summary, Main Points, Analysis, Question-Answers)- Grade 11

Grade 12 English Unit 17: War and Peace (with Grammar Solutions)- Language Development