That Beautiful and Crazy 15 Hour





…and as I was taking a turn, I was suddenly hit by a bird, which was black in color. I have heard a lot about the crash of planes after the bird's collision with them, but luckily I did not crash my motorbike, but the hit was big. I stopped the motorbike and looked back, it was dark and I did not see anything. I did not get off and rode further.

I was following a track, so that I could avoid the sand. All of a sudden, I felt that something is happening. I fell down and my wristwatch was broken. I got dirt on my whole body. The wheel of the bike was moving. I looked around if some people saw me, luckily not. I kept my watch in my pocket, patted my body, and continued riding the bike.  

The Beginning…

I had a clear-cut schedule of the scholarship distribution program in Dhading, in two schools. The Jaleshworee School and Panchamukhi School. I finished my early morning duty at my college. After 8 am, I went to the room, took my bag pack and uniforms for the 17 children. I went to the stationery shop on the way, packed the stuff, and went to the bus station by taxi. Luckily I found a microbus and they agreed to take me.

Then we stuck in traffic in Kalanki. 30-second drive ad and wait for 1 hour. Crazy. The 25 minutes road drive took 2.5 hours. My mom was calling me on mobile if I was about to reach, but it was 2 hours more to drive.

I called a teacher I was in contact who was from the Panchamukhi school. He said that due to Deusire (singing in Tihar festival during the night), they were sleeping and did not come to school. Oh, no. It was scheduled and now? I asked him to call the children and their guardians to the school, otherwise I will give it to somebody else who is also in need. Because it was for them. So I had to fix another program by preponing. I did the first program in Jaleshworee school, supported by Muktinath Barakoti for 5 children (stationery and financial support for 1 year).








Now, there lied a challenge. I was calling the teacher if the students had arrived because it would be a long off-road ride. He said some of them were already there and some coming and I could go. I tied the stuff on the motorbike and started the trip. I knew it will be the tough ride I have ever made. And it was like that. I was doing it anyway. I was half of the way, in 1 gear ride, steep up. All of a sudden, the bike was off. I tried to start, but nothing happened. I prayed the god to take me out of that situation, because, the children and their guardians were waiting for me and I was in such a situation. What to do? I called the teacher there, but he said there was nobody that has the bike. I tried to call a man who lives nearby, he did not receive my call.

The thing was that, I will have to return to Kathmandu tomorrow early morning at any cost. And I was there is such a situation. After 15 minutes, I prayed Lord Shiva to rescue me, which was the only way I had. To my big surprise, it started. I had no words to thank the invisible power. That's why I believe in God's existence. When there is nothing, there is God.

Then there was no obstruct on the ride. I reached the school quite late. People were waiting for me. We organized a very short and sweet program. No lengthy formality. People were so happy, children were so happy and I was so happy that I could send the pictures to Nadja Meulemans (my sister) from Belgium, who helped this program.





It was almost dusk. I had to be hurried. I started my back trip through a long road to avoid a challenging off-road. Even this one was not so nice, but better than before, where I could encounter a tiger. After about half an hour, as I was taking a turn, I was hit by a big bird. I have heard a lot about the crash of planes after the bird's collision with them, but luckily I did not crash my motorbike, but the hit was big. I stopped the motorbike and looked back, it was dark and I did not see anything. I did not get off and rode further.

I was following a track, so that I could avoid the sand. All of a sudden, I felt that something is happening. I fell down and my wristwatch was broken. I got specks of dirt on my whole body. The wheel of the bike was moving. I looked around if some people saw me, luckily not. I kept my watch in my pocket, patted my body, and continued riding the bike. I knew my mobile was ringing and it was my mother, but I did not receive it until I reached the Highway.

Ufffff, I survived. My mother was happy to see me. We talked a lot and went to sleep. I had to get up early in the morning (3 am) to catch the bus and to reach my important meeting at the college. I caught the bus, but so many people were standing after the bus was full. I stood for 4 hours and reached my room in Kathmandu. My daughter Sylvia was still sleeping. I could reach college on time.

With a big lesson and a memory, I completed my scholarship distribution trip. I am very much thankful to dear sister Nadja, who made this program possible. The smile and happiness of the children and their guardians were greater than everything. Some of them do not have parents, some do not have either father or mother and some have 7 siblings in a family. Scholarships are a huge relief for the children. I will of course visit that school next year with another surprise.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refund (Play) by Fritz Karinthy - Characters, Summary, Analysis- Grade 11

What I Require From Life? by J.B.S. Haldane (Summary, Main Points, Analysis, Question-Answers)- Grade 11

Grade 12 English Unit 17: War and Peace (with Grammar Solutions)- Language Development